Please read about opportunities listed below. For more info email email@example.com
or call (863) 682-4544.
Academic Enrichment Program Volunteers
- Serve kindergarten through grade eight
- Commit to recurring schedule, preferably once a week
- Onsite visit with tour, orientation, training, and background check required
- Responsibilities: assist classroom leaders, tutor, set Godly example
- Must be high school age and up
After School Program
August through May – Two Semesters
- Available times 4:15-6:00pm Monday through Thursday.
- Volunteers also needed to lead extracurricular classes on Fridays in fitness, sport, cooking, music, etc.
Summer-Bridge Camp Program
June through mid-August – Eight Weeks
- Available times 9:00am-1:15pm Monday through Thursday.
- Volunteers also needed to lead extracurricular classes Monday through Thursdays (fitness, sport, cooking, music, etc.)
Academic Enrichment Program volunteers should first fill out our PSM Volunteer Application and email it to volunteer@ psmlakeland.org. Applications can also be mailed or dropped off at our office at
719 N. Massachusetts Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Ongoing Renovation, Repair, and Neighborhood Workdays - Project based. Please inquire.
Clean up (i.e. trash pickup, lawn care, pull weeds)
- Respond to homes with code violations (i.e. paint, replace windows/doors, installing lattice, etc.) – Groups help pay for supplies
- Spruce up Family Life Center, landscaping
- Prepare classroom learning centers and projects
Neighborhood Gatherings (larger groups serve as host) – 1x Project. Ask about next date.
- Neighborhood gatherings are at least four times per year (i.e. Easter Egg Hunt, Summer Splash, Fall Festival, National Night Out etc)
- Help fund meals or games at one event. Approximate cost is $400 in supplies/food donated for event. Stay and serve or help staff facilitate event.
Christmas Store (for groups high school aged and up) 1x Project. Ask for more info.
- Gather toys for Christmas Store (new, in original packaging, unwrapped) or money for us to purchase toys
- Spearhead toy drive in your organization, church and school
Drives (for individuals to lead groups to collect items) 1x Project. Ask for more info.
- Toys and Christmas Store supplies – November
- School and homework supplies – Year-round
- Healthy snacks in increments of 100 – Year-round
- Backpacks and uniforms – July-early August
Special Projects from Your Location (for individuals, small groups, families) 1x Project. Visit www.pinterest.com/psmlakeland for project requests and instructions.
Please always remember us in your prayers!